This winter, the whole country has received unprecedented levels of rain and snow. This combined with Kings Dykes existing water level issues has resulted in the reserve flooding to the point that the paths are impassable, even with wellies. Therefore, we had to make the difficult decision to close the reserve until further notice.
We had started to pump the water over Christmas. However, the quarry next door to which we pump our water has also become flooded, so we can’t pump there until their water levels have reduced.
Hopefully with Spring and better weather on its way, we will soon be able to recommence the pumping.
Marge and Moe (the Swans) are missing visitors to the reserve and were pleased to see the reserve manager when checking the water levels last week (see video).IMG_3239
Thank you for understanding and we look forward to seeing everyone at the reserve again once it re-opens.